Wednesday 31 December 2014

LUSH! My first Lush experience and HAUL

So being the total mad head that I am, I decided to make the Christmas Eve eve the first time ever to visit Lush. The main reason for this is because I'm lucky enough to be off work for a week or so over Christmas so thought it would be the perfect time to try some nice bath products. 

I have never shopped in Lush before as I have very sensitive skin and always assumed I would be allergic, but after watching some Youtube videos I realised that they do cater for sensitive skin and the main rule is to avoid anything glitter. 

So I walked into the super packed,overwhelming store and people were going crazy. I literally couldn't get to the displays. Luckily I was only standing there for about a minute when a Lush employee saw my lost puppy expression and asked me if I needed help, which was really nice. I quickly told her I have really sensitive skin and there were some products I had heard of that I wanted to try and listed them off for her. She then took my basket and shopped for me! She squeezed through to displays and picked up the bits I asked for, passed them to me, told me about the product scents and skin benefits and let me choose whether or not I wanted to purchase. I asked her loads of questions and she could not have been more helpful..very impressive first experience especially considering how busy the store was. I ended up betting everything I wanted to try plus a few extra bits. 



In no particular order;

Coal face - which I don't have a picture of as I bought it for my partner and he hasn't tried it yet. Clearly he was not as excited as I am by Lush! 

Buffy bar - I'm a sucker for the name as I am a huge fan of Buffy the vampire slayer so obviously I had to try this! I also bought a tin it keep it nice



Safe to say, I LOVE this stuff!!!!!! It's super scrubby for expholiating ( which I love for my legs in winter) smells amazing ( I can't really describe scents ) and it is magical as although it scrubs, it also has a buttery texture so leaves your skin super soft. I'm finding it hard to limit myself to using this once or twice a week. 

Snow fairy shower gel - 


I love sweet scents so knew I wanted to try this. Now the description says cotton candy, but to me it smells like my favourite sweets, which are these little babies 

I do really like the scent of this, but I am used to shower gels by Philosophy, which lather up way much more in my opinion..

Angels on bare skin - 



Now the helpful staff member recommended this to me because I asked her for a gentle expholiator for sensitive skin. I was really hesitant to purchase this as it is marketed as a cleanser, and I love my Liz Earle so much, but she insisted this was the best for regular gentle expholiating. At first I hated this product, all gritty and weird the texture is like stuffing mixture and the smell is very different to anything else. I looked up videos on how to use this properly and realised that I wasn't mixing this enough into a paste before using and now I'm enjoying it much more. However this is not good enough to remove the hundreds of coatings of mascara that I use, and I feel like the grits get stuck in between my lashes, so I only use it in the mornings now. I am not sure if I will repurchase this.

American cream conditioner - 


I got a small bottle of this to try as I love the scent of strawberries and cream but have heard that it doesn't actually do much for the hair. Unfortunately I found this to be true and much prefer my secret pound shop conditioner! It does smell nice, but not as nice as the Milk_shake brand whipped cream products which are my absolute favourite thing to put in my hair, so I won't be repurchasing this.

King of skin- 



To say I love this stuff is an understatement. As previously mentioned I have sensitive, dry eczema prone skin so anything that adds moisture is right up my alley. This stuff smells like white chocolate and I am so addicted to it it's already half gone. It does moisturise the skin and as mine is so dry, I tend to put it on wet skin and not wash it off completely, but my skin is still itchy after? Not sure if this is a bad reaction to the product or just because my skin is so dry this time of year? It's mostly my arms that are the problem and I LOVE this stuff to really hope it's not a reaction. Going to have to do some experimenting to find out. 

Butter bear - 


I love this!! I tried using half of it but gave in and chucked the whole thing in the bath. It makes the water all oily and soft without a super strong scent and did wonders for my skin. It did leave a residue on my skin but this is the Shea butter in the product and I love it as I didn't have to moisturise after. I bought two of these but gave one of them to my boyfriends sister so I hope she loves this as much as me! I went back a few days after Xmas for the Boxing Day sale and picked up a few more of these, as well as the Christmas hedgehog and melting snowman.  I also braved the Boxing Day online sale and after about 3 hours of technical difficulties was able to order 2 half price boxes of the candy shop which contain a butter bear in each so I will have four more in total when that arrives so I'm very happy about this

Overall I have to say my experience at Lush was really enjoyable and they have definitely earnt a new Lushie! Super helpful, friendly, informative but not pushy staff teamed with cruelty free, yummy and effective products, what's not to love? 

Let me know if you hauled at Lush this year and what your overall shopping experience is like there? I will probably do a mini haul when my online Boxing Day order arrives and let you know what I think of those products too!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a fantastic evening tonight whatever you may be doing! 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment