Friday 13 March 2015

Dupe for Limecrime Cashmere?! And life update...

Hi guys! 

Liquid lipsticks. Scary. I don't do lipGLOSS as I hate the sticky feeling and it getting my hair stuck in it when I'm walking my etc! Urgh no. I'm blonde too so it stains my hair.. You get the picture. 

Liquid lipsticks however.. Happy to try those but didn't want to spend a fortune or buy from Limecrime (y'all know why) so was happy when I came across this post. 

http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.ie/2015/03/menow-matte-lipsticks-swatches-review.html?m=1

As you can see I can take no credit for discovering these bad boys, only pass on my thoughts. 

They come in a weird tube like a test tube! Normal doe foot type applicatier. Prices vary but generally affordable. I paid  £3.99 from eBay but that's because I knew as soon as I saw swatches that I HAD to have number 18! HAD too! 


It's Kylie Jenner lips all over again!!! I just don't see myself getting fed up of these types of shades. Super wearable, neutral and go fantastic with my 90's grunge style. The moment I put it on, it reminded me of something but I couldn't put my finger on it


Then I realised!! It's got the same grey type undertones as Cashmere by Limecrime, just a little warmer!!  I don't own Limecrime Cashmere and so can't directly compare it, but going by colour alone I can see the similarity. Is it a dupe? Maybe not.. But it's good enough for me! 

IM IN LOVE and I'll definately be purchasing more shades. Also this stuff does not budge. I mean it. I swatched it on my hand.. Washed my hand.. Scrubbed my hand.. Showered and washed my hair... And it was still there! Be careful! 

Now for the downsides.. It dries to a weird texture. It doesn't feel sticky when it's just on my mouth, but if I put my lips together they kind of glue together! I think. The product just sticks to itself. Case in point


How attractive. Just don't smack your lips together like you do when you apply lipstick or gloss. Also don't attempt a second coat as the texture does not agree with that. 

So basically my verdict is.. I love them, but be careful! I think a lot of long lasting liquid lipstick products probably have the same issues as they have to be tacky in order to adhere to the lips for long periods of time

The colour selection is fantastic, so if this shade isn't for you, check out swatches of the other numbered shades before you purchase



Looks a little warmer again here as I have a red lip stain underneath 



Now for the life update if anyone cares.. I passed my driving test!! Yay!! Finally!! Been learning for ages and I'm 25 so it was a long time coming but I'm so glad I stuck with it and now it's done! Here's me looking all proud. 



That's all for now! Let me know your thoughts if you decide to try these out xx

No comments:

Post a Comment